Saudi Telecom names new chairman, vice-chairman
DUBAI, April 29
DUBAI, April 29 (Reuters) - Saudi Telecom Co (STC), the Gulf Arab region's No. 1 telecoms operator, has appointed Abdulaziz al-Suqair as chairman and Mohammad al-Kharashi as vice-chairman, the former monopoly said on Sunday.
The pair were appointed for a period of three years at a company board meeting on Saturday, STC said in a statement to the Saudi bourse.
Earlier this month, STC said Chief Executive Saud al-Daweesh will step down, effective October 1. (Reporting by Mirna Sleiman, writing by Matt Smith; Editing by Amran Abocar)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls