Els and Dufner in playoff for New Orleans Classic
(Reuters) - South African Ernie Els and overnight leader Jason Dufner of the United States took the New Orleans Classic into a sudden-death playoff in Avondale, Louisiana, on Sunday.
The duo finished the regulation 72 holes on 19-under-par 269, Els eagling the seventh on his way to a five-under 67 at the TPC Louisiana where Dufner narrowly missed a 10-foot birdie putt at the last to close with a 70.
(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East