One killed in grenade attack in Kenyan church: police
NAIROBI (Reuters) - At least one person was killed and a dozen wounded in a grenade attack at a church in the Kenyan capital on Sunday, police said.
"I can confirm that one person is believed to be dead," Kenya police spokesman Eric Kiraithe told Reuters.
The blast was in a working class area of the city, police and Kenya Red Cross officials said.
(Reporting by James Macharia; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |
China landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon, joining the United States and the former Soviet Union in the first such "soft-landing" since 1976. Slideshow