Chile says Jan-March jobless rate up at 6.6 pct
SANTIAGO, April 30
SANTIAGO, April 30 (Reuters) - Chile's unemployment rate for the January-March period rose slightly to an expected 6.6 percent on ebbing job creation in agriculture and commerce, the National Statistics Institute said on Monday.
The median estimate of nine analysts polled by Reuters forecast the rate would edge up slightly to 6.6 percent.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident