ABB's takeover of Thomas & Betts gets US clearance
April 30 (Reuters) - Swiss engineering group ABB Ltd received U.S. regulatory approval on Monday for its pending $3.9 billion acquisition of U.S. electrical components maker Thomas & Betts, ABB said in a statement.
The companies are still waiting on European Commission approval for the deal, part of ABB Chief Executive Joe Hogan's push to boost the company's presence in the United States.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions