- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Sprint wins $2 bln Western States contract
May 1 (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp has won a $2 billion four-year contract to provide wireless services to public sector clients in the western United States, the company said on Tuesday.
Sprint shares were up 4 percent after it said it was awarded the contract by the Western States Contracting Alliance, a public sector purchasing consortium for 15 states.
Shares in money-losing Sprint, which faces hefty costs from a network upgrade project, were up 10 cents at $2.58 in afternoon trade on New York Stock Exchange.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this