Talisman Energy posts profit on growth from shale plays
May 1 (Reuters) - Canadian oil and gas producer Talisman Energy Inc reported a first-quarter profit driven by growth from North American shales.
Talisman, which has been building up its position in oil and liquids-rich shale plays in Canada and the United States, earned $291 million, or 28 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $326 million, or 32 cents per share, a year ago.
Earnings from operations rose to $167 million, or 16 cents per share, from $157 million, or 15 cents a share, a year ago.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |