Talisman Energy posts profit on growth from shale plays
May 1 (Reuters) - Canadian oil and gas producer Talisman Energy Inc reported a first-quarter profit driven by growth from North American shales.
Talisman, which has been building up its position in oil and liquids-rich shale plays in Canada and the United States, earned $291 million, or 28 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $326 million, or 32 cents per share, a year ago.
Earnings from operations rose to $167 million, or 16 cents per share, from $157 million, or 15 cents a share, a year ago.
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |