TRW profit beats on higher N. America demand
May 1 (Reuters) - TRW Automotive Holdings Corp posted a quarterly profit ahead of analysts' expectations on higher demand for its auto safety systems in North America.
Net income attributable to TRW fell to $206 million, or $1.59 per share, from $281 million, or $2.13 per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, TRW earned $1.62 per share.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $4.21 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of $1.61 per share on revenue of $4.16 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |