TRW profit beats on higher N. America demand
May 1 (Reuters) - TRW Automotive Holdings Corp posted a quarterly profit ahead of analysts' expectations on higher demand for its auto safety systems in North America.
Net income attributable to TRW fell to $206 million, or $1.59 per share, from $281 million, or $2.13 per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, TRW earned $1.62 per share.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $4.21 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of $1.61 per share on revenue of $4.16 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |