- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Fed's Plosser - May need rate hike before end 2014
WASHINGTON May 1 (Reuters) - A leading Federal Reserve inflation-focused hawk said on Tuesday U.S. monetary policy needs to be easy to help the recovery, but added that the Fed may need to rethink its conditional promise to hold rates at rock-bottom levels until late 2014.
"While I believe monetary accommodation is still called for, in the absence of some shock that derails the economy, we may well need to begin to gradually scale back the level of accommodation well before the end of 2014," said Philadelphia Federal Reserve President Charles Plosser.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this