Acme Packet 1st-qtr profit falls
May 2 (Reuters) - Network gear maker Acme Packet Inc reported a fall in first-quarter profit as revenue fell 4 percent.
For the first quarter, the company earned $2.4 million, or 3 cents a share, compared with $13.7 million, or 19 cents a share, a year ago.
Excluding items, it earned 17 cents a share, on revenue of $70.8 million.
The Bedford, Massachusetts-based company's shares, which have lost 28 percent of their market value in the last six months, fell 8 percent in extended trading. They closed at $28.22 on Wednesday on the Nasdaq.
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro