Ascena to buy Charming Shoppes for $890 mln
May 2 (Reuters) - Women's clothing retailer Ascena Retail Group Inc agreed to buy rival Charming Shoppes Inc for about $890 million in cash.
Ascena will pay $7.35 for every Charming Shoppes share - a 24.5 percent premium to the stock's Tuesday close.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port