PE fund Jacob Ballas invests $38 mln in MARG Karaikal Port
MUMBAI May 2 (Reuters) - India-focused private equity firm Jacob Ballas, backed by New York Life International, has invested $38 million in Marg Karaikal Port, a unit of MARG Ltd , for a minority stake, the south Indian infrastructure firm said on Wednesday.
The port will use the funds to expand capacity to 28 million metric tonnes per annum, it said in a statement.
MARG Karaikal Port is an all-weather port on the south east coast of India.
Last year, Ascent Capital invested about 2 billion rupees to pick a minority stake in the firm..
The Indian Infrastructure Fund backed by India's IDFC and Citigroup had invested in the port in 2010.
(Reporting by Indulal PM)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |