PE fund Jacob Ballas invests $38 mln in MARG Karaikal Port
MUMBAI May 2 (Reuters) - India-focused private equity firm Jacob Ballas, backed by New York Life International, has invested $38 million in Marg Karaikal Port, a unit of MARG Ltd , for a minority stake, the south Indian infrastructure firm said on Wednesday.
The port will use the funds to expand capacity to 28 million metric tonnes per annum, it said in a statement.
MARG Karaikal Port is an all-weather port on the south east coast of India.
Last year, Ascent Capital invested about 2 billion rupees to pick a minority stake in the firm..
The Indian Infrastructure Fund backed by India's IDFC and Citigroup had invested in the port in 2010.
(Reporting by Indulal PM)
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ