CF Industries quarterly profit jumps 30 percent
NEW YORK May 3 (Reuters) - Fertilizer producer CF Industries Holdings Inc posted a 31 percent jump in quarterly profit on Thursday due to a jump in demand from farmers during the North American spring planting season.
For the quarter ended March 31, the company posted net income of $368.4 million, or $5.54 per share, compared with $282 million, or $3.91 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue rose 30 percent to $1.53 billion.
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine