Giants place All-Star Sandoval on disabled list
(Reuters) - San Francisco could be without All-Star third baseman Pablo Sandoval for an extended period after the Giants' second-leading hitter broke a bone in his left hand, the team said on Thursday.
Sandoval, who missed 41 games last season with a similar injury in his right hand, fractured a bone in his wrist during Wednesday's game against the Miami Marlins and could be out for six weeks. He was placed on the 15-day disabled list.
Sandoval is hitting .316, in 24 games this year for the Giants, who are 4-1/2 games out of first place in the National League West division.
(Reporting by Gene Cherry in Salvo North Carolina; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote