UPDATE 1-US Airways says April unit revenue rose 9 percent
May 3 (Reuters) - US Airways Group Inc said on Thursday that its unit revenue had increased about 9 percent in April from a year earlier amid higher passenger traffic.
In a monthly operating statement, the airline said passenger traffic had risen 2.1 percent, while it increased its capacity -- the number of seats for sale -- by 1.6 percent.
The airline said its load factor, which is a measure of how full airplanes are, increased 0.4 percentage point to 83 percent.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |