UPDATE 1-US Airways says April unit revenue rose 9 percent
May 3 (Reuters) - US Airways Group Inc said on Thursday that its unit revenue had increased about 9 percent in April from a year earlier amid higher passenger traffic.
In a monthly operating statement, the airline said passenger traffic had risen 2.1 percent, while it increased its capacity -- the number of seats for sale -- by 1.6 percent.
The airline said its load factor, which is a measure of how full airplanes are, increased 0.4 percentage point to 83 percent.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls