Imperial says Sarnia refinery suffers unit upset
CALGARY, Alberta May 7 (Reuters) - A coker unit at Imperial Oil Ltd's 121,000 bpd Sarnia, Ontario, refinery suffered an upset on Sunday, sending up a plume of black smoke, and was taken out of service, the company said.
The impact on supply and operations was not immediately known, Imperial spokesman Jon Harding said.
In a news release, Imperial said feed to the unit was shut off. The rest of the plant was still operating, Harding said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image