Venezuela's Chavez breaks silence to call state TV
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez broke his one-week silence on Monday to call state TV from Cuba where he is receiving treatment for cancer.
Chavez's unusual absence from the public limelight had fueled rumors he may be in dire physical condition after several rounds of radiation treatment in Havana.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack