AltaGas has condensate spill in Alberta -regulator
CALGARY, Alberta May 9 (Reuters) - Alberta's energy regulator said on Wednesday that an AltaGas Ltd pipeline ruptured and spilled condensate, a light hydrocarbon, on aboriginal land in central Alberta.
AltaGas crews were working to cleanup what appears initially to be a small spill on the Samson Cree First Nation, north of Red Deer, said Darin Barter, spokesman for the Alberta Energy Resources Conservation Board.
Barter said the spill was reported to the board on Tuesday.
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official