- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Apple CEO makes no apology for company's tax strategy |
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
UPDATE 1-Flotek Industries 1st-qtr beats Street view
* Q1 adj EPS $0.26 vs est $0.18
* Q1 rev up 50 pct to 79.2 mln
May 9 (Reuters) - Flotek Industries' first-quarter results beat analysts' estimates, helped by increased drilling activity and improved pricing.
For January-March, the Houston-based company's net income was $3.6 million, or 7 cents per share, compared with $10.4 million, or 15 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding one-time items, the company, valued at about $665 million, earned 26 cents per share.
Revenue rose 50 percent to $79.2 million.
Analysts had expected the company to earn 18 cents per share on revenue of $74.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company closed at $13.29 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange. The stock has nearly tripled in value since touching a 12-month low of $3.89 last October.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this