UPDATE 1-Itochu, Panasonic to merge phone sales units - Nikkei
May 10 (Reuters) - Itochu Corp and Panasonic Corp will merge their mobile phone sales units before October to create the third largest mobile phone company in Japan, the Nikkei said.
Itochu will hold less than half of the merged unit, ITC Networks Corp, while Panasonic is expected to hold about 20 percent, the business daily said.
ITC is expected to have sales of about 3 million units after the merger, overtaking its nearest rival ITX Corp, an Olympus Corp group firm, the daily said.
Itochu currently holds about 60 percent stake in ITC. (Reporting by Adithya Venkatesan in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port