Softbank, PayPal form Japan JV, target iPhone users
TOKYO (Reuters) - Softbank Corp said on Wednesday that it and eBay Inc unit PayPal will form a joint venture to expand Japan's e-payments market by targeting users of Apple Inc's iPhone.
Softbank, which competes with bigger KDDI Corp in supplying Apple's popular smartphone in Japan, and PayPal will each invest 1 billion yen ($12.54 million) in the joint venture, Softbank President Masayoshi Son told reporters at a news conference.
(Reporting by Ayai Tomisawa)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow