Telecom Italia to invest 9 billion euros: press report
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian phone company Telecom Italia TITL.MI will invest 9 billion euros over the next three years to develop its business in Italy, Chief Executive Franco Bernabe' said in an interview on Thursday with La Stampa newspaper.
Debt reduction remains the company's top priority, Bernabe' said. On Wednesday, the company confirmed its target of reducing its debt to 27.5 billion euros in 2012.
Telecom Italia said on Wednesday it plans to sell its La7 television station. Asked when he sees the sale closing, Bernabe' said "within a reasonable time period." He provided no information about potential buyers.
(Reporting by Jennifer Clark)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Fiercest fighting in days hits Syrian border town |