Exclusive: Warburg Pincus crosses $5 billion fund-raising mark-sources
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Warburg Pincus LLC has reached its first fund-raising close for its 11th private equity fund, raising more than $5 billion in just over seven months, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday, a major step toward it reaching its $12 billion target.
About 50 investors, both existing and new, participated in the closing, which took place in early May, the people said. The firm has identified opportunities to put some of this capital to work immediately, they added.
Warburg Pincus declined to comment.
(Reporting by Greg Roumeliotis and Paritosh Bansal in New York; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image