Exclusive: Warburg Pincus crosses $5 billion fund-raising mark-sources
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Warburg Pincus LLC has reached its first fund-raising close for its 11th private equity fund, raising more than $5 billion in just over seven months, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday, a major step toward it reaching its $12 billion target.
About 50 investors, both existing and new, participated in the closing, which took place in early May, the people said. The firm has identified opportunities to put some of this capital to work immediately, they added.
Warburg Pincus declined to comment.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |