UPDATE 1-Molycorp to raise $650 million in debt offer
May 14 (Reuters) - Rare-earth miner Molycorp Inc said on Monday it will raise up to $650 million in an offering of senior secured notes with the proceeds earmarked to help fund its $1.3 billion takeover of Neo Material Technologies.
Molycorp's shares fell 1.1 percent to $24.64 after market open on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Colorado-based miner owns the Mountain Pass rare earth mine in California as well as rare earth processing facilities in the United States and in Europe.
The acquisition of Neo will give Molycorp access to rare earth processing expertise, product patents, and facilities in China and around the world.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Huge blaze out of control in Tripoli battle as Libya slides into chaos |