UPDATE 1-Molycorp to raise $650 million in debt offer
May 14 (Reuters) - Rare-earth miner Molycorp Inc said on Monday it will raise up to $650 million in an offering of senior secured notes with the proceeds earmarked to help fund its $1.3 billion takeover of Neo Material Technologies.
Molycorp's shares fell 1.1 percent to $24.64 after market open on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Colorado-based miner owns the Mountain Pass rare earth mine in California as well as rare earth processing facilities in the United States and in Europe.
The acquisition of Neo will give Molycorp access to rare earth processing expertise, product patents, and facilities in China and around the world.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media