China net FX sales at 60.6 bln yuan in April -c.bank
BEIJING May 15 (Reuters) - China had 60.6 billion yuan ($9.59 billion) in net foreign exchange sales in April, reversing net purchases of 124.6 billion yuan in March, according to Reuters calculations based on data published by the central bank on Tuesday.
That suggested net capital outflows from the country in April.
China suffered rare capital outflows for three straight months in the final quarter of 2011 when choppy global markets spooked investors and led them to pull funds from the world's no.2 economy.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official