China net FX sales at 60.6 bln yuan in April -c.bank
BEIJING May 15 (Reuters) - China had 60.6 billion yuan ($9.59 billion) in net foreign exchange sales in April, reversing net purchases of 124.6 billion yuan in March, according to Reuters calculations based on data published by the central bank on Tuesday.
That suggested net capital outflows from the country in April.
China suffered rare capital outflows for three straight months in the final quarter of 2011 when choppy global markets spooked investors and led them to pull funds from the world's no.2 economy.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'