- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
UPDATE 1-Brazil payroll growth quickens, industry improves
* Payroll job growth picks up in April from March
* Industries start hiring again after losses in March
BRASILIA May 17 (Reuters) - Brazil's payroll job growth accelerated in April from March, the biggest monthly jump so far this year as struggling industries showed signs of recovery that could boost a lackluster economy.
The economy added a net 216,974 payroll jobs in April, the Labor Ministry said on Thursday, compared with an upwardly-revised 141,000 in March.
Brazil added 272,000 payroll jobs in April of 2011.
The services sector again led the gains after it hired a net 82,875 people in April, the ministry said, with most jobs created in housing and transportation companies.
After cutting their workforce in March, manufacturers returned to hiring, adding a net 30,318 people in April.
Employers hired a total 1.798 million people, but fired 1.581 million in April, the data showed.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this