Toshiba says stops making LCD TVs in Japan
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp said on Thursday it has halted domestic production of LCD televisions in the face of price falls. The decision by Japan's leading chip maker to stop producing LCD TVs domestically follows a similar decision by Hitachi Ltd as Japanese firms struggle to manage with a strong yen.
(Reporting by Miki Kayaoka and Maki Shiraki; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- European investors hold nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |