Toshiba says stops making LCD TVs in Japan
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp said on Thursday it has halted domestic production of LCD televisions in the face of price falls. The decision by Japan's leading chip maker to stop producing LCD TVs domestically follows a similar decision by Hitachi Ltd as Japanese firms struggle to manage with a strong yen.
(Reporting by Miki Kayaoka and Maki Shiraki; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow