Toshiba says stops making LCD TVs in Japan
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp said on Thursday it has halted domestic production of LCD televisions in the face of price falls. The decision by Japan's leading chip maker to stop producing LCD TVs domestically follows a similar decision by Hitachi Ltd as Japanese firms struggle to manage with a strong yen.
(Reporting by Miki Kayaoka and Maki Shiraki; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- Libyan raids could herald bolder Arab action as U.S. wavers