Shell shuts SRU at Deer Park refinery
May 18 (Reuters) - Shell Oil Co on Friday said it shut a sulfur recovery unit (SRU) following a release of materials at its 327,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) joint-venture Deer Park, Texas, refinery.
Operations were stabilized within an hour and the refinery exited the level one shelter in place condition, a company spokeswoman said in an email.
Earlier, the company reported a unit shut down, according to a filing with the U.S. National Response Center.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight