Shell shuts SRU at Deer Park refinery
May 18 (Reuters) - Shell Oil Co on Friday said it shut a sulfur recovery unit (SRU) following a release of materials at its 327,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) joint-venture Deer Park, Texas, refinery.
Operations were stabilized within an hour and the refinery exited the level one shelter in place condition, a company spokeswoman said in an email.
Earlier, the company reported a unit shut down, according to a filing with the U.S. National Response Center.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief