Small fire breaks out at ADM plant in Illinois
CHICAGO (Reuters) - A small fire broke out at one of agribusiness giant Archer Daniel Midland Co's plants in Decatur, Illinois, on Friday morning.
The fire department was called but the fire, which started in the coal storage area of plant's co-generation facility, was put out before firefighters arrived, ADM spokeswoman Jackie Anderson said. The facility helps power operations at the plant.
There were no injuries or damage. The cause of the fire, which started around 10 a.m. CDT (1500 GMT) was still being investigated, Anderson said.
Anderson said that the facility was still open for business.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine