Syrian TV: Suicide bomber carried out Deir al-Zor attack
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A suicide bomber carried out a car bombing in the eastern Syrian city of Deir al-Zor on Saturday, state television said.
In a bulletin flashed over its regular programming, it said the bombing was the work of a "suicide terrorist".
(Writing by Joseph Logan; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane