Syrian TV: Suicide bomber carried out Deir al-Zor attack
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A suicide bomber carried out a car bombing in the eastern Syrian city of Deir al-Zor on Saturday, state television said.
In a bulletin flashed over its regular programming, it said the bombing was the work of a "suicide terrorist".
(Writing by Joseph Logan; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video