Chile Codelco says Anglo talks to seek end to spat
SANTIAGO May 22 (Reuters) - Chilean state copper miner Codelco confirmed on Tuesday it is starting talks with global miner Anglo American Plc to explore whether "it can reach points of agreement" to defuse a bitter spat over an option for the London-listed miner's south-central Chile assets.
Codelco said in a statement the talks, which have a month-long window in a break from legal proceedings, will be confidential. It added the talks would seek to "overcome the controversy."
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'