CORRECTED-Gamesa hires new chairman to replace Calvet
(Corrects spelling of name in headline)
MADRID May 23 (Reuters) - Spanish wind turbine maker Gamesa has hired engineer Ignacio Martin as new chairman to replace Jorge Calvet, who has stepped down, the company said on Wednesday.
Martin is former chief executive officer of CIE Automotive and has held different roles in companies such as GKN Automotive Internacional and Alcatel Espana.
Bilbao-based Gamesa reported a first-quarter loss of 21 million euros ($26 million) earlier this month, underscoring a tough landscape for the wind turbine sector. ($1 = 0.7947 euros) (Reporting By Andres Gonzalez; Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source