CORRECTED-Gamesa hires new chairman to replace Calvet
(Corrects spelling of name in headline)
MADRID May 23 (Reuters) - Spanish wind turbine maker Gamesa has hired engineer Ignacio Martin as new chairman to replace Jorge Calvet, who has stepped down, the company said on Wednesday.
Martin is former chief executive officer of CIE Automotive and has held different roles in companies such as GKN Automotive Internacional and Alcatel Espana.
Bilbao-based Gamesa reported a first-quarter loss of 21 million euros ($26 million) earlier this month, underscoring a tough landscape for the wind turbine sector. ($1 = 0.7947 euros) (Reporting By Andres Gonzalez; Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia