MetLife still waiting on bank sale closing
May 23 (Reuters) - MetLife Inc is still waiting on a number of regulatory approvals to sell its banking operations to General Electric Co and has no more information on timing than it did a month ago, Chief Executive Steve Kandarian said on Wednesday.
At an investor day, Kandarian said MetLife would hold off on talking about share buybacks until the bank sale closed.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins