CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Novelis posts loss; sees demand rising
* Q4 net loss $107 mln vs net profit $50 mln last year
* Q4 sales fall 12 pct
* Sees higher FY13 EBITDA
May 24 (Reuters) - Novelis, the U.S. unit of India's largest aluminum producer HindalCo Industries Ltd, posted a quarterly loss, hurt by lower average aluminum prices and sales.
However, the company expects a rise in demand for aluminum-rolled products in Asia, driven primarily by China, over the next five years.
The Atlanta-based aluminum products maker forecast fiscal year 2013 earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) above the $1.05 billion it reported in 2012.
For the fourth quarter, net loss attributable to common shareholders was $107 million, compared with net profit of $50 million, last year.
Sales dropped 12 percent to $2.6 billion.
Shipments of aluminum-rolled products fell 4 percent, hurt by soft demand in Europe.
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media