CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Novelis posts loss; sees demand rising
* Q4 net loss $107 mln vs net profit $50 mln last year
* Q4 sales fall 12 pct
* Sees higher FY13 EBITDA
May 24 (Reuters) - Novelis, the U.S. unit of India's largest aluminum producer HindalCo Industries Ltd, posted a quarterly loss, hurt by lower average aluminum prices and sales.
However, the company expects a rise in demand for aluminum-rolled products in Asia, driven primarily by China, over the next five years.
The Atlanta-based aluminum products maker forecast fiscal year 2013 earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) above the $1.05 billion it reported in 2012.
For the fourth quarter, net loss attributable to common shareholders was $107 million, compared with net profit of $50 million, last year.
Sales dropped 12 percent to $2.6 billion.
Shipments of aluminum-rolled products fell 4 percent, hurt by soft demand in Europe.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel