- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Japan, China to launch direct yen-yuan trade on June 1: Azumi
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan and China will launch direct yen-yuan trade in the Tokyo and Shanghai markets from June 1, Japanese Finance Minister Jun Azumi said on Tuesday.
Direct trade of the two currencies, without interim exchange into dollars, has been anticipated as a means of facilitating trade and financial transactions between Asia's two largest economies.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Edmund Klamann and Chris Gallagher)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this