Nikkei firms, propped up by Fanuc, Fast Retailing
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average steadied on Monday after marking eight straight weeks of declines last week, with gains from widely held Fast Retailing (9983.T) and Fanuc Corp (6954.T) propping up the benchmark in thin trade.
The Nikkei ended up 0.2 percent at 8,593.15, while the broader Topix index .TOPX slipped 0.1 percent to 721.11.
(Reporting by Sophie Knight)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video