Italy expels Syrian ambassador: foreign ministry
ROME (Reuters) - Italy has declared the Syrian ambassador and other embassy staff "persona non grata", the foreign ministry said on Tuesday, joining other European countries in expelling Syrian diplomats in a protest against massacres of the civilian population.
Britain, Germany, France and Canada have announced similar moves.
(Reporting By James Mackenzie)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |