Spain to expel Syrian ambassador: foreign ministry
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain will expel Syria's ambassador in Madrid to send a message that it rejects the escalation of violence against civilians in the Middle Eastern country, the foreign ministry said on Tuesday.
"He and four other (Syrian) diplomats have 72 hours to leave Spanish territory," the ministry said in a statement.
(Reporting By Sarah Morris; Editing by Fiona Ortiz)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions