UPDATE 1-Minor fire put out at Imperial's Sarnia refinery
* Fire at Sarnia, Ontario, refinery deemed minor
* Quickly extinguished with no production impact
CALGARY, Alberta May 30 (Reuters) - A minor fire at Imperial Oil Ltd's 121,000 barrel-per-day refinery in Sarnia, Ontario on Wednesday was quickly extinguished, a spokesman for the company.
Production was unaffected by the fire.
Jon Harding, a spokesman for Canada's second biggest oil producer and refiner, said the fire occurred outside the processing area of the refinery, and had no effect on operations.
"It didn't affect our ability to manufacture product," he said.
Imperial is 69.6 percent owned by Exxon Mobil Corp.
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |