- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Czech CEZ mulling sale of coal-fired power plants
PRAGUE May 31 (Reuters) - Czech power group CEZ is considering selling its two coal-fired power plants Pocerady and Chvaletice in the north of the Czech Republic, it said on Thursday.
The largest listed central European power utility is pondering the plan due to uncertainties over coal supplies, it said in a statement.
It has been in a dispute over coal prices for the two stations with mining company Czech Coal, key coal supplier in that area.
It said Czech Coal was among potential bidders for the power plants along with an industrial holding EPH. (Reporting by Jana Mlcochova; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this