Dollar hits 3-1/2 mth low vs yen on euro zone woes
TOKYO May 31 (Reuters) - The dollar fell to its lowest level in 3-1/2 months against the yen on Thursday, as investors sought shelter from the euro zone storm in safe-haven yen debt, pushing the five-year Japanese government bond yield to its lowest since October 2010.
The dollar fell some 0.3 percent to as low as 78.86 yen , the lowest since mid-February. The five-year JGB yield dropped 1.5 basis points to 0.200 percent. The 10-year JGB futures contract rose 0.31 point to 143.74.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |