Martin Marietta loses appeal of Vulcan bid ruling
DOVER, Del. May 31 (Reuters) - Martin Marietta Materials Inc lost its appeal on Thursday to overturn a court ruling halting its $4.5 billion hostile bid and proxy contest for rival Vulcan Materials Inc.
Delaware's Supreme Court affirmed a ruling by the state's Court of Chancery, which prevented Martin Marietta from seeking to elect its four nominees to Vulcan's board at Friday's meeting of Vulcan shareholders.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand