Brazil economy grows 0.2 pct in 1st qtr vs 4th qtr
SAO PAULO, June 1
SAO PAULO, June 1 (Reuters) - Brazil's economy grew Just 0.2 percent in the first quarter from the last quarter of 2011, the government statistics agency IBGE said on Friday.
Gross domestic product had been expected to expand 0.5 percent on a quarter-on-quarter basis, according to the median forecast of 29 analysts polled by Reuters.
Latin America's largest economy grew 0.8 percent in the first quarter when compared to the year-earlier period, IBGE said. That was below expectations of growth of 1.3 percent, according to the median forecast of 25 analysts in the poll.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source