- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
Japan Noda: recent yen gains do not reflect fundamentals
TOKYO, June 4 |
TOKYO, June 4 (Reuters) - Gains in the yen have been one-sided recently and do not reflect Japan's economic fundamentals, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda said on Monday.
Noda, speaking at a news conference, declined to comment on whether Japan has intervened in currency markets.
The dollar inched up 0.2 percent to 78.16 yen on Monday but was still not far off Friday's low of 77.65, the greenback's lowest since mid-February.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this