Elon Musk, Tesla Motors CEO, tells the Reuters Global Tech Summit that he'll talk to politicians who back local car dealers trying to keep Tesla from selling directly to consumers. Video
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Obama defends U.S. intelligence strategy in wary Berlin |
- Prosecutors plan more charges against accused Cleveland kidnapper
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
Spain banks need 40 billion euros more capital: Botín
BRASILIA (Reuters) - Banks in Spain are in need of about 40 billion euros ($50 billion) in additional capital, Emilio Botín, chairman of the nation's biggest bank, Banco Santander, told Reuters on Monday.
Botín, whose family is also Santander's largest shareholder, said that "there is no financial crisis in Spain," adding that just a few banks are in need of financial support. Botín spoke in Brasilia during an official visit.
(Reporting by Ana Flor; Writing by Guillermo Parra-Bernal; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this