- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
Britain's Prince Philip taken to hospital: palace
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth's 90-year-old husband, was taken to hospital with a bladder infection on Monday, Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
The palace said he had been taken to hospital as "a precautionary measure" and would remain under observation for a few days, meaning that he will miss the latter part of the queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
A concert is due to be held this evening at the palace, the third of four days of festivities marking the queen's 60-year reign.
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas; editing by Tim Pearce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this