Pakistan Taliban leader says Libi death a "big loss"
PESHAWAR (Reuters) - A senior Pakistani Taliban leader said on Tuesday that the death of al Qaeda's number two, Abu Yahya al-Libi, in a drone strike in northwest Pakistan was a "big loss".
"After Doctor Sahib (al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri), he was the main al Qaeda leader," the Pakistani Taliban leader, who asked not to be named, told Reuters.
(Reporting by Jibran Ahmad; Writing by Michael Georgy)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap