Pakistan Taliban leader says Libi death a "big loss"
PESHAWAR (Reuters) - A senior Pakistani Taliban leader said on Tuesday that the death of al Qaeda's number two, Abu Yahya al-Libi, in a drone strike in northwest Pakistan was a "big loss".
"After Doctor Sahib (al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri), he was the main al Qaeda leader," the Pakistani Taliban leader, who asked not to be named, told Reuters.
(Reporting by Jibran Ahmad; Writing by Michael Georgy)
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters