RPT-Samsung says to build a new $1.9 bln logic chip line
SEOUL, June 7
SEOUL, June 7 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co said on Thursday it would invest 2.25 trillion won ($1.9 billion) to build a new logic chip line to make processors used in mobile devices, as it braces for exploding demand for smartphones and tablets.
Samsung, which makes application processors (AP) for Apple's iPhone and iPad, said the new line will use 300 mm size wafers and processing technology of 20 nanometer and 14 nanometer.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens