RPT-Samsung says to build a new $1.9 bln logic chip line
SEOUL, June 7
SEOUL, June 7 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co said on Thursday it would invest 2.25 trillion won ($1.9 billion) to build a new logic chip line to make processors used in mobile devices, as it braces for exploding demand for smartphones and tablets.
Samsung, which makes application processors (AP) for Apple's iPhone and iPad, said the new line will use 300 mm size wafers and processing technology of 20 nanometer and 14 nanometer.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |