RPT-Samsung says to build a new $1.9 bln logic chip line
SEOUL, June 7
SEOUL, June 7 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co said on Thursday it would invest 2.25 trillion won ($1.9 billion) to build a new logic chip line to make processors used in mobile devices, as it braces for exploding demand for smartphones and tablets.
Samsung, which makes application processors (AP) for Apple's iPhone and iPad, said the new line will use 300 mm size wafers and processing technology of 20 nanometer and 14 nanometer.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |