RPT-Samsung says to build a new $1.9 bln logic chip line
SEOUL, June 7
SEOUL, June 7 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co said on Thursday it would invest 2.25 trillion won ($1.9 billion) to build a new logic chip line to make processors used in mobile devices, as it braces for exploding demand for smartphones and tablets.
Samsung, which makes application processors (AP) for Apple's iPhone and iPad, said the new line will use 300 mm size wafers and processing technology of 20 nanometer and 14 nanometer.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions