US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St falls on Spanish bank uncertainty
NEW YORK, June 8
NEW YORK, June 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell at the open on Friday as investors erred on the side of caution ahead of a weekend expected to bring new developments in Spain's banking crisis.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 40.76 points, or 0.33 percent, to 12,420.20. The S&P 500 Index dropped 4.39 points, or 0.33 percent, to 1,310.60. The Nasdaq Composite lost 10.81 points, or 0.38 percent, to 2,820.21.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data