Taiwan chipmaker UMC May sales fall 2 pct on year
TAIPEI, June 8
TAIPEI, June 8 (Reuters) - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Friday its May sales fell 2 percent from a year earlier.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$9.21 billion ($308.10 million) last month, compared with T$9.4 billion in May last year and T$9.12 billion in the previous month, the company said on its website.
UMC did not give further details.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge